Facebook Twitter Delicious Stumble Upon

Kelly Rowland Takes It Off For Vibe ,Drops Album

Kelly Rowland carves out her own lane this time around with her topless Vibe cover and  her third hot solo album Here I Am, that just hit the shelves. The Motivation singer worked with some heavy hitter producers for this album,which includes Ester Dean,Rico Love,Tricky Stewart, Rodney Jerkins ,as well as new comer,Big Sean and Lil Wayne for a nice body of work.Will Kelly finally silence her critics with this one? I sure hope she does,because I am sick of her being attached to Beyawnce's name when ever she does something!Find out  some reviews from around the web after the jump..   




On whether or not she felt more appreciated in Europe for her last album: 


"No, not really. People still compare me to Bey over there. I said in an interview recently, ‘You know, if you guys would be a little bit more intelligent and ask me about myself we'll have a much better interview. You cannot want a story from me and keep asking me about the past".

   




Entertainment Weekly: Her third solo album, Here I Am, proves that Ms. Rowland is doing just fine on her own, thank you; it’s a solid if unambitious set of medium-hot finger snappers highlighted by the lusciously slinky top 20 hit “Motivation” and the robo-groove of “I’m DAT Chick,” on which she brags, “Yeah, I be the one that they love to mention.” If she learns to take a few more risks, that may just end up being true. B
USA Today: As it turns out, Here I Am is something both safer and cannier than that. Capitalizing on her successful collaboration with producer/DJ David Guetta—with whom she teamed two years ago on the international dance hit “When Love Takes Over”—Rowland emphasizes electro-savvy grooves and sleekly sensual production over introspection or chutzpah. 2.5/4
The New York Times: But Here I Am is something much more confident and more surprising. It’s a chewy and moody R&B album on which Ms. Rowland sounds assured and vital. Or, at minimum, is made to sound that way.
Los Angeles Times: She does herself no favors by choosing consistently bland material, and her third album does nothing to dispel the sense that Rowland should be more selective. There’s a deflated, defensive quality to Here I Am, starting with the lead track, “I’m DAT Chick.” 1/4
The Washington Post: Her third solo album, the perfectly likable, club-centric R&B outing Here I Am, won’t convince anyone that Rowland has a personality, but luckily for her, she no longer needs one: Call it the Attack of the Rihanna Clones, but these days killer beats and a flat affect trump all. Rowland, free of the need to actually be interesting, makes the most of it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...